Friday, January 16, 2015

Sisters

Lately Madeleine and Charlotte have been getting along famously (despite their 10 year age difference).  They share a bedroom and already Charlotte is getting worried about Madeleine going off to college and her being left behind.  Last night they were upstairs in their room laughing and reading The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog.  It's these moments that warm a mother's heart.

I feel like this book by David McPhail, about two sisters ("one was big, one was little") could have also been written for me and my sister (15 years younger than me).  Like all sisters, these two are very different in some ways.  One sister was crazy about frogs...the other wasn't.   And very alike in others.  They both liked horses...and sugar-snap peas fresh from the garden.


David McPhail





Charlotte is my firefly chaser and Madeleine is my star-gazer.



No comments:

Post a Comment