Wednesday, December 4, 2013

An Early American Christmas

Well, it's December again and time for some Christmas stories !

Oh Tomie dePaola, we love your books!  Inspired by the New Hampshire town he lives in, Mr. dePaola imagines what it was like for the early Puritan and Quaker settlers at Christmastime when a German family moves in and brings with them their Christmas decorations and traditions.  The handicrafts of making bayberry candles, paper cuttings, pretzels and cookies are shown.


Tomie dePaola










 Other Books by Tomie dePaola:

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a great book! I love that you keep this blog. I'm finally going to subscribe so I don't miss anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book! I'll have to see if our library has some of these as I'm over my book budget (as always). German Christmas traditions are some of my very favorites.

    ReplyDelete