Monday, June 18, 2012

The Golden Books Treasury of Elves and Faires

Summer nights always seem full of magic.  You could believe that there are elves and fairies hiding about, especially ones that look as charming as Garth Williams' pictures.  This book was on my Amazon wish list for years when lo and behold I found it in the bin at the used bookshop for $2.  It's a collection of stories and poems in a large over sized format with  bright colorful vintage illustrations.


illustrated by Garth Williams 1951

What would you do if a Brownie became your friend, or you had a pair of silver slippers, or found a lost merbaby? So many wonderful stories fit for a summer night of reading.









4 comments:

  1. Great find! This has been on my wishlist for ages, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this book from the school library when I was in grade 3 or 3 and I have been obsessed with it ever since. I want my own copy. Lucky you finding it!

    ReplyDelete